St. Michael (Wishart Farms) Ukrainian Catholic Church in Saskatchewan

The church of St. Michael located near Wishart, Saskatchewan is the second church of the parish. The first church, completed in 1908 was the pioneer church that served the parish for sixteen years.

The second church was constructed in 1924 for $12,000 on property purchased from the CPR. The church is built of wood, with a large windowless cupola at the axis of the intersecting arms. The interior has a  vaulted ceiling that extends into a high central dome. The church contains a sanctuary with the main altar, two sacristies, two side altars, and a choir loft. Wooden pews provide seating for approx. 100 people. The church has electricity and central oil heating.

The church site contains a bell tower built in 1916, a concrete memorial cross commemorating the Holy Mission of 1939, and a parish hall constructed in 1936. The parish has two cemeteries; one is a three-acre site near the church, and the other is three miles south at the site of the first parish church.

FUN FACT: In 1958, artist Theodore Baran of Saskatoon was commissioned to artistically decorate the church with murals and ornamentation which can still be seen today.

The church is still used for regular services.

Video Tour Below ↓↓

Join us as we walk through this gorgeous rural church!

error: Content is protected !!