Tichfield is a former CN siding. There were two communities in the area, Tichfield and Lyons. Both places were established in 1911. In 1947 the post office moved from Tichfield to Lyons. The name Lyons was eventually changed to Tichfield Junction as there are three CN lines that meet at this location. There is not much left today other than a few buildings and a school marker for Mount Marie School (1912-1959).